As a fan of Andy Warhol i was immediately drawn to this piece. It was very fun and quirky and enjoyable..... to start with. It has supposedly a million thank you's (i never made it that far) and the first about 600 is interesting, however im pretty sure it was on a loop so i lost interest.
The little creatures were cute and i thought that there voices/pronunciation was done quite well. The way they had to take breaths and speed up so much that it they weren't really saying thanking, or were swapping the words. I thought it added to the creativity and interest and was in some way realistic. The writing wasn't very interesting, i think that it could have been changed and manipulated much more to add to the interest. Even with the characters on a loop the writing could have easily enough kept doing new things. Overall the artwork was cute and a good idea, but a million thanks you was far too much, unless perhaps i missed out on something that occurred far into the counts.
Drone Machine
First of all the word Drone, is very precise, the airy noise the vacuums made immediately reminded me of Star Wars. I chose this piece as I am doing a music major and we talk about music being presented as art and also using other machines or noises to make music. I thought it was very inventive however could have been conveyed much more brilliantly, the scan of vacuums in the room was a bit drab. Keeping with the track of the artist who put lights in the vacuums, i would have made them different colours and perhaps made the room pitch black so that you could only see the lights when they light up. This would have created a multimedia front for the music and would surely even attract a wider audience looking for a club style element. It would also have been interesting to see what sounds the vacuums made when move around and onto different surfaces.
Deus Digitalis
I quite liked this piece, it was very pretty and the fast pace kept you more focused that it would have otherwise. I think it would work well if it was put up in society somewhere rather than on the internet, somewhere it would generate a larger audience that wouldn't get bored with it. Like a projection on the side of a building, or in an art gallery, the regular and variety of foot traffic would open up the art-piece to a big audience and therefore would maintain its awe. I think it would have been cool to have been more interactive, like if you roll over a certain square then the square changes, or the changing sequence starts from that particular square. I liked the idea that it was influenced by the stained glass windows in chapels, it would certainly be interesting to make this art-piece into a faux window at a chapel or church.
Lets Make Sure Everything is A Thing.com
This piece was very interactive and cool. You could manipulate the domes so that the stars would move differently, you could make all completely fast, or slow. I thought that the artists had put in extra thought in the way that by moving 2 sets of domes together and therefore clashing the stars, produced a few extra stars of a new colour, the colour of the 2 formers stars mixed. It was certainly entertaining for a while to move around the domes and see what you could do with them and the stars. I thought it would have been cool if somehow the stars could escape and just go all over the screen, or perhaps you could misshape the domes. The piece reminded me of outer space, so perhaps a cute little extra would to have had a spaceship fly through the screen, or try to dodge the domes, steal the stars maybe?
No comments:
Post a Comment