Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Recordings

1. Ceiling Fan - Originally I was going for a my everyday concept and thought I would start off with something as simple as the ceiling fan in my room. It can actually be quite annoying when it decides to make noises. I think putting colour and speed effects on it could make it interesting enough. 
2. Speedometer - I wanted to get more movement on this and higher speeds but doing that around southport on a rainy day isn't exactly easy. I like driving cars, and fast which is why I decided to film this. It could be used to express speed, hurry, anticipation, it would rock if the engine was loud and fitted well with the changing of the speedometer, it would create an awesome sound sample. 
3. WindScreen Wipers - I thought this looked cool enough, and luckily it rained hard enough for some serious wiping needed. I like how you can see the road and what's going on in the background. Its like a vision of a rainy southport day. Not sure how I could use this one just yet, perhaps just as a scene setter or background scenario. 
4. Elevator Numbers - This was still when I was trying to capture the theme of everyday life, so I wasn't being that creative. But I did like how the lady voice accompanied the video and I thought incorporating the opening of the doors was a cool input, one I could even use by itself. These numbers could be used in a number of ideas as they are easily applicable. And it could also be useful for a theme of confinement etc. 
5. Chip Fryer - I thought it'd be interesting to incorporate some film from my work, which is a fish and chip restaurant. I decided to film the chip fryer as the bubbling effects made by the oil could appear quite cool on film. It was a bit disappointing to watch in the long run but their were some differences in the oil bubbling depending on the chip amount in each basket. Not that very overwhelmingly interesting but at least it was unique. 
6. Bottle On Car Floor - I filmed this as it is one of the most annoying things ever! When someone leaves a bottle on the passenger floor of the car and it constantly rolls around while your driving, it drives me insane. This was hard to film as I was driving as well so I just did it in a car-park and it doesn't move around as much as i'd like but I think it makes for a somewhat interesting perspective and clip. 
7. Grill - I choose to film the grill getting cleaned at work because I remember the first time I saw someone put the acid on the grill i was somewhat amazed/surprised! This got old quickly but I still thought it could make for an exciting video clip. 
8. Friend on Piano - I realized I hadnt filmed any footage of people for this assignment so I asked my friend who is a very talented musician to play something on the piano for me. I thought this could also be used to put in the sound bank if I separated the audio. I was glad I choose to do this as I really like this short clip, he got a bit awkward being filmed so its not very long. 
9. Concert - So in the brief, the footage had to be our own, (it didnt say it had to be filmed recently), so I kind of cheated but I had this clip from a new years festival. It was one of the best moments ever, the band Katchafire were singing 'Dont Worry About a Thing' and the whole crowd was singing along. It was a really nice day and I was with a lot of friends and everyone was happily drunk. Ive just had the clip sitting on my desktop waiting for me to do something with it so i thought i'd include in for this project. 
10. Song Gathering - Once again this is old footage. Its of a an American choir that we continually bumped into in Italy in 2006. This occasion they were singing just in the middle of the path near the Colosseum. The whole song was quite funny cause it was about coffee and tea, but I thought I would include it as it is a nice clip of people and again would make a good audio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment