Monday, May 24, 2010

Ideas for final project

For my final project I am defiantly going to do a personal portfolio. I considered making a band profile or something similar but I think a personal portfolio will be more appropriate and beneficial. 

I plan on incorporating various uni works that I have done throughout the past 2 years of Uni. This will include a range of videos, musical compositions, essays, and digital writings/artworks. 
The first page will be a introduction to the portfolio and a small intro about myself and what I want to accomplish after university. I plan on using this for professional purposes to be able to broadcast the range of works that I have done. This will give possible employers a good perspective of my skills. 

The videos will have to be links to there youtube locations as including them would make the overall file size of the portfolio too large, as one of the videos is around 10mins long, and the shortest is 3mins. 
The musical compositions are all made using software and have been for various university assignments. 
I am going to include a few of my essays that i have had to write, of course only the interesting ones that i have done well in. I want to include this for a somewhat journalistic purpose and in order to portray extended knowledge that cant be displayed through multimedia platforms. 
As for the digital artworks and writings, I want to include some of the past tasks i have had that are similar to this class such as writing for the web and digital writing. 

Each artwork will have its own page and in the tool bar will include links to all of them. Also each piece of work will have a small summary regarding what it is about, the skills and software that were used, and the processes. 

I think this type of portfolio will be beneficial to my CV. As i am doing a digital communication major, this type of extra digital portfolio will add to the portrayal of my skills and the appeal of my CV.

No comments:

Post a Comment