Sunday, June 13, 2010

Ffiles that are useful for my portfolio

'WriteOn text Effect'

I am including some essays in my portfolio (interesting ones on music), and I want a way to present them. Therefore I chose this ffile so I could put one of my essays in them. I would change the background colour and make the title, the title of the essay and then insert this ffile onto a page that still has the same theme as the rest of my portfolio. This way you can scroll down the essay, instead of getting the full thing in one go. I think I will only use this for one of my essays and try to use a different effect for each one.

Circular Thumbnail Gallery

I need a photo gallery to put all of my digital writing photo-shopped photos into and i particularly like this ffile. I dont have an extensive range of photos so this I probably wont need all of the tabs that are provided. I liked that I would be able to put a summary of the photo next to it when it is roll over, as a lot of the photos have their own themes. I thought that the photos didn't really magnify enough to what I would want, so I would need to look at changing this, but I think when I put my photos into the ffile it would be easy to enlarge them and still make the ffile work. This gallery also allows room for my portfolios logo to sit in the corner, making it easy to get back to the home page.

AS3 Shadow Box

This is another option for a photo gallery that I like. The amount of photos that I have would probably take up one line along the thumbnails side without having to scroll up or down the page. It is also useful in that it presents the photos in a very larger format, which is what I didn't like about the other gallery. However unlike the other gallery that I looked at, this one doesn't have room to allow for small information to be given about the photos. I would still be able to incorporate the logo into this gallery and the background of gray is already along the lines of my color scheme.

Equalizer Stimulation

I will be uploading some music files that I have made into my portfolio. There wasn't an extensive range of music players on ffiles but I though I could make this one work. I would be able to change the colors of the bars to go along with the color scheme first of all. And as it is such a little player then I can easily insert it into a page that holds the main background theme on it, as well as the home logo. This would still give me room to include the title of the track and some info about it like what the criteria for it was, or what software I used. For my own personal tracks that I made using popular songs, I would rather find something bigger and more exciting as they dont exactly have a basis behind them.

No comments:

Post a Comment