Thursday, June 17, 2010

Finally Finished!

So I wanted to finish my portfolio by Friday as I had an exam to study for on Monday, and finally I have!
Overall I am so happy with the portfolio and the work I have done using flash. I thought it was going to be quite challenging but using the files that Jason gave us really helped a lot. And once the task at hand seem capable I was able to get on a role and finish the portfolio, with help from Jason of course.

The biggest thing I had trouble with was at the end, the file was far to big as I had very long songs in them. Jason suggested to use previews and include a link to the full songs and this was easy to do and worked out well, reducing the file size a lot. I also had to edit some of the images as well to cut it down even more. As I thought, my videos were too big to embed in the portfolio, so they are all links to youtube, and one to facebook as it got taken off youtube for being too long. I also cut down the amount of content that I was going to put it so that it was simpler and not so repetitive.

I really hoped that the theme of portfolio was professional and appealing enough, I tend to always go for a purple, black, gray theme and I didn't want to differ here.

Looking back on when we did our first project in flash with the basic button artwork, I can definitely say that I have come a very long way to now. I remember hitting the flash wall during that first assignment and thinking how hard and impossible it was, and that was just a basic artwork. Im very happy that I have come to grips with flash and been able to gain the knowledge of how to work with it throughout the semester.

I was always worried about taking this class as I knew it was going to be challenging, and also cause I am so comfortable with Html, that I didn't want to push myself. But now at the end of semester, with my portfolio working and loaded Im very glad that I did push myself and that I have completed New Media Art.

Thanks Jason!

No comments:

Post a Comment